Saturday, April 21, 2007
59. Re-do my room (again)
60. Read all the books I own
61. Learn to make the best smoothies!
62. Visit Jaipur
63. Experiment with makeup
65. Re-do the house
Wednesday, April 04, 2007
- Feel: how does this feel. Good? Right? dark? If it doesn't have a good feel to it, don't do it.
- Kindness: will it help another person?
- Connections: will it contribute to my current bonds or help me form new ones with people who are enriching?
- Health: is it positive in the impact it will have on my health and that of those around me?
- Experience: will I learn something new? Will it allow me to teach someone else something else that will be of help to them?
- Joy: will it add to the sweetness and joy in my life?
- Money/job: will it contribute to a meaningful career? Will this help me create financial abundance?
- Inner Enrichment: does this deeply fulfill me in some way? Does it fuel my passions, or contribute to my dreama or help me understand/express myself better?
- Legacy: does this record in some way my unique experience, perception, self?
- Relativity: if I do commit to this for any other reason, will it still leave me enough time to do the things I really want to do?
Friday, March 30, 2007
- Sing on stage
- Art Dolls: cloth dolls, paper dolls, sock dolls
- Learn French well enough to write poetry in.
- Learn "interesting" German (see post on this here).
- Work actively for the conservation of the environment and wildlife. [you can start here]
- Have a Creative Quotient test (is there really such a thing!?)
- Experiment with visualisation, intention and manifestation.
- Learn Chinese/Japanese calligraphy enough to make large sweeping brushstrokes.
- Learn massage.
- Learn Quantum Touch better and train to teach it.
- Train for a run for a cause I support, and, obviously, run it.
- Practise and teach people to re-parent themselves.
- Teach self-expression: collage, journalling, writing.
- Make a living with art, writing and travel.
- Develop intuition- in every way that seems relevant to me.
- Teach children to paint: freely, messily, with no borders or limits.
- Make my own eye masks
- Publish a workbook-style journal that teaches you to journal, gives you space to do it right there and has samples and samples of other people's (and my)art journals.
- Understand this: "atoms are not things but tendencies".
- Have an emotional quotient test.
- Create a magazine for Scanners.
- Research on current art/writing movements and participate where it feels relevant: like mailart, sketchcrawls...
- Learn a martial art.
- Learn sign language, and lip reading.
- Send an origami crane to japan on peace day in memory of the victims of the hiroshima bombings(every year people from all over the world sen din thousands here!)
- Make my own blog skins
- Mind maps- i think i gave up making them too soon.
- Mixology! (which i can learn from 'A':))
- Learn to make art dolls: cloth and sock dolls.
- Art Shrines: more of them, both flat and 3-D. So far, i've only been making them in collage form and flat.
- A separate link blog only for resources and links: categorised, of course.
- Learn Soul Collage and train to be a facilitator.
- Bungee Jump
- Learn Touch Drawing and train to teach it.
- A Happiness Blog [this is done :):)]
- Make my own Blog header
- Be a columnist
- A travel writer
- A freelance feature writer
- A biographer
- Mountain Biking
- Earn enough to finance my own trips. One to a new country every 6 months or every year.
- A martial art
- Belly dancing
- Kick boxing
- Practice Contact Yoga with my partner.
- Be ambidextrous
- Mirror writing
- Travel the world taking workshops, learning: African Dance, Swedish Massage, Japanese Martial Arts...
- Start my Cafe Journal
For more inspiration, visit these people and their life lists!
P.S. if you have a list of things you want to achieve, and would like to be added here, just leave a comment with the link. :)
Monday, March 19, 2007
- REVOLUTION FROM WITHIN by Gloria Steinem: I have worked and re-worked with this book since I bought it some years back and it continues to make me think, create, learn, un-learn. I'd say its a must read for anyone over 15! I have a recent post which came to me while reading and working with part of the post. you can read it here. In this, you'll find inspiration, hope, quotations, poems, ideas, solutions...
- BIRD BY BIRD by Anne Lamott: packed full of practical ideas, tricks and examples, this is a great book for writers.
- WRITING DOWN THE BONES by Natalie Goldberg: an oldie-goldie, thgis book is full of ideas for writing, places to write in, things to write about, ways to jumpstart your writing, writing exercises...its great for writers, even those who only want to write for self-expression or fun.
- SACRED SPACE by Denise Linn: has many, many practical solutions for your home. Its full of ideas and little things you can do to enhance the quality of your home environment.
- SIGNPOSTS by Denise Linn: although I never got around to reading the dictionary of signs at the back of the book, I found the rest of it very useful in discovering and understanding signs in my life.
- THE INTUITIVE WAY by Penney Peirce: this is a manual! I found it in some random bookstore some years back and have used no other book as much as this! It's so simple and practical and has the simples ways to strengthen and access your intuition, understand signals your body gives, etc.
- COLLECTED POEMS of Roger McGough: this collection has humour, sadness, philosophy, wordplay...whatever you're looking for in a poem! They're simple, and, quitre simply addictive!
- WHAT DO I DO WHEN I WANT TO DO EVERYTHING? by Barbara Sher is a book for Scanners (like me). Its packed full of tools, ideas, solutions, career options... everything a Scanner needs to know. Oh, and the bulletin board for scanners is here.
to be continued...
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
- draw my face
- draw my eyes
- draw my daily tarot card (DRAWN)
- draw the jewelery i'm wearing
- the the comp monitor open to my blog
- draw lips
- draw my morning coffee
- draw my favourite pink pullover
- draw my paint pallette (DRAWN)
- draw my shampoo bottle (DRAWN)
- draw my night body lotion (DRAWN)
- draw interesting/memorable readings
- draw the pen i'm using (DRAWN)
- draw chairs with negative spaces
- draw number plates of the vehicle in front of you
- draw shop sign posts
- draw food labels
- draw clothes labels
- draw my ipod and the song playing in it right now
- draw perfume bottles (DRAWN)
- draw pen nibs (DRAWN)
- draw my to-do list (DRAWN)
- draw book covers of the books you're reading
- draw cosmetic packaging
- draw styles of all the shirts i own
- draw my clothes rack
- draw my toothbrush
- draw silhouettes of everything
- draw coins
- draw different measuring tools (thermometres, measuring cups, rulers..)
- draw noses!
- draw the skyline of my city
- draw hairstyles
- draw barcodes of the books you own
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
COMPLETING MY FEMINISM WRITE-UP ON ATLAS SHRUGGED DUE TOMORROW, AND ON CENSORSHIP OF THE ARTS DUE SOON.
WHAT I'D LIKE VERY MUCH TODAY:
HAVE A GOOD, THICK CUP OF COFFEE AT THE COFFEE GUY THIS EVENING
WHAT I'M READING TODAY:
CRITICAL OPINION ON FEMINISM AND CENSORSHIP :P
THREE WORDS FOR TODAY:
RELAXED. CREATIVE. DEADLINE PRESSURE.
(THAT'S 4, BUT WHAT THE HELL!):)
Well, have been busy making a planner for nov-dec and 2007. Its a pink ring binder file. and here's what it contains:
- a transparent collage sleeve to store cutouts and collage elements
- an envelope to keep saved money
- a butter paper sleeve with address labels and post-its
- my goals
- my wishlist
- a list of things to give people
- a box calender format datebook
- a doodle book
- my TYBA literature class time-table and assigment sheet
- daily pages for notes and daily randoms
- a gratitude section: 5 things i'm grateful for everyday
- a PEOPLE section with phone numbers categorised alphabetically and by city/country
- an exclusive contacts page for people i write to by post :)
- a meditation log
- extra sheets
- lots of colour and collage and fun :)
Sunday, November 12, 2006
THE LAST THING I BOUGHT:
THE BEST THINGS I DID TODAY:
Andora's. came to bandra. letters and calls to abhishek.
WHAT I'M READING TODAY:
The manual that came with the SOULCARDS
WHO IM TALKING TO TODAY:
nick. abhishek. chamki. mom. dad. pallavi.
- how much is enough?
- how good are you? how good do you need to be?
- what do you value? what not?
- what will you never do?
- what do you really want that you can have and still never be happy?
- what makes you cry? what does that say about you?
- what will you never tolerate?
- what does it mean to say you believe in something?
- if junk drawers say things about people, what will yours say about you?
- what do you respect?
- how tolerant are you? too tolerant? not enough?
- why is it so hard to tell people you love that you love them?
...there are always things to think about. things to wonder about. the more questions i answer, the more questions i find within those questions. and i love questions. and i love exploration. so here you go- just getting you started :)